We are still looking for these bands/artists: MILWAUKEE: Cheri Thomas, Doris Tolbert, Eugene Reed & Mexicali Express, Evelyn Smith, Mar-J's, Soul Brothers (Raynard)
CHICAGO: Little Sirr Ryland, Mike DeNett (Debenedetto?)
NASHVILLE: Joan Malone, Maurice White (aka Marty Wyte), Joan Whitney
MISCELLANEOUS: Chapter (Dayton, OH), Charles Epps (Cincinnati?), Division (La Crosse), Jimmy Jordan (Baltimore/NYC), Joe London (NYC), Summertime Trio (WI Dells?), Twiliters (on Sara; Rockford or Chicago?)
LOCATIONS UNKNOWN: Connie Caddell, Those Li'l Ole Music Makers - Us, , Willie & the Zerkons
LABEL OWNERS: Milwaukee: Kent, Knox, Pentagon. Other: Dottie (Luxemburg), K.O./Kayo (Kaukauna)
1. Why isn’t my band in your books?
Did your band have a record release? My coverage is for Wisconsin related bands & artists with at least one commercially released recording (not a studio dub) between 1950-1969.
2. Why don’t you cover unrecorded bands?
It would probably be a hundred times more work to find them, and the information would likely hold no interest for the record collectors in my potential audience.
3. Is On That Wisconsin Beat a new edition of Do You Hear That Beat? No. It is a completely new book, covering bands and artists not previously found, along with additions and corrections to DYHTB.
4. Are you going to combine the two books?
Not in book form, but I do plan to eventually make all the info available in whatever format is most appropriate when it's completed. (However, it was 12 years between books, so don’t hold your breath).
5. Will you cover the 70’s? No. I was gone from Wisconsin from fall 1966 to summer 1988; the 70’s coverage is for someone who was there. (However, I do have a 70’s file with info that turned up in my 60’s research).
These bands/artists have been added to my files since OTWB publication: After-Five 5, Bacardis, Burgundy Five, Country Cousins, Danny Sullivan & the Knott Bro, Edd Tides, Freddy Vance, Gigolos, Gino King, Jim Bee Quartet, Jim Curran with the Lonely Ones, LaDellion, Mark IV Ltd, Mourning Dayze, New Philharmonic Rhythm & Blues Explosion, Ricchio Trio, Stragglers with Bob Ranyan ... and more.